"Floating creates a harmony in the brain on all levels: primal, visceral, and neocortex. This balancing between the brain layers creates an exhilarating experience for the body, including vitality and a feeling of 'oneness' with the universe". G. Messuti
+ Before floating...
- Do not shave 4 hours prior to floating
- Do not eat heavy prior to your float
- Do not use caffeine products before floating
+ Associated benefits
- Alleviates symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduces chronic pain
- Normalize blood pressure
- Strengthens immune system
- Improve skin tone
- Pain relief from injuries/ailments
- Helps reduce addictive behavior
- Helps balance hormones
- Reduce migraines
- Relieves inflammation in joints
- Reduced Jet lag
- Increases athletic performance (energy, stamina, strength, faster recovery)
- Enhance your learning capability (concentration, memory, and focus)
- Helps the brain produce Theta waves, which promote productivity, creativity, and a sense of inner peace.
- Stimulates right brain activity which allows us to absorb and learn information on a larger scale.
- Achieve effortless visualization
- Unlock the creative centers in your brain
- Destress and relaxation
- Improve sleep patterns
- Creates an environment for meditation and lucid dreaming.
- Increases your body’s ability to detoxify with the mineral rich salt bath
- Increase magnesium absorption
- Helps release endorphins - the body’s natural feel good chemicals
- Helps reduce cortisol related to stress and weight gain
- Eliminates the pressure of gravity allowing the body to free up healing energy
+ Is it for everyone?
*When in doubt, ask your doctor.
Do not float if you:
- have a history of heart trouble, balance problems, ear infections, falling or loss of consciousness
- are under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or prescribed medication without a doctors consent
- suffer from epilepsy, seizures, kidney disease, heart disease, or uncontrolled diabetes
- have an open skin wound such as cuts, burns, lesions, or hemorrhoids
- have an infectious or communicable disease, illness, or disorder
- have dyed your hair in the last six week or have dreadlocks
- have recent tattoos, piercings, or surgical incisions
- have loss of bladder control or incontinence
- have used spray tan in the last two weeks
- have symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea
- have suicidal tendencies
- have MCS
- Only service animals are allowed in the facility, but not in the float room.
+ What should I bring?
Just you. Organic soap, wash cloths, and towels are provided.
Some prefer to bring personal items such as:
- Eye contacts storage and solution
- Sandals if receiving massage
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hair Brush/Comb
- Clean cloths to wear post float
+ What if I fall asleep?
It is usually described as a pleasantly deep and refreshing sleep, people that snore sometimes wake themselves up. The body will naturally balance on the water, it literally is like floating on a cloud, and you cannot turn over without doing it deliberately.
+ Will it get in my eyes?
This is the main reason it is best not to touch the face while floating. As a precaution, we provide a water bottle in the float tank as a rinse. After rinsing you can go right back to enjoying your float.
+ How long will I float?
Each appointment is scheduled for 2 hours, 90 minutes in the water with additional time for questions and pre/post float showers. We feel this allows everyone ample time for the mind and body to settle in, along with time for you to enjoy your float.
+ Is it clean?
Short Answer: Yes! 99.9+% of the water is cleaned before every float.
Long Answer: To fill our float tank we start with fresh drinking water, then process it through our 5 stage filtration system. In addition, we only use the finest Pharmaceutical Grade Epsom salt available to maintain buoyancy levels.
Over the last 30+ years, either ozone or UVC/H202 have been used separately as the primary method for maintaining float tank water health, without incident. We combine both of these methods together with 100+ppm H202 levels, proprietary components, a commercial rated pump, and a filter designed for 20,000+ gallon pools (our float tank is 200 gallons).
Our advanced filtration system allows us to alomost double the industry standard for cleaning time. This powerful system translates into a 99.9+% cleaning ratio between floats. Oils and organic matter are eliminated, along with any particles that range in size from a red to white blood cell.
Please contact us for further questions.
We welcome all but reserve the right to refuse services.